Most people can relate to this one . . . the dreaded junk drawer! We started by pulling everything out of the drawer and sorting it all into piles with similar items grouped together. Some items had a home somewhere else so we placed all of those items in a bin to put away at the end. Once we had our piles sorted, we purchased drawer organizers based on the size of the drawer and what we wanted to go back into the drawer. We labeled the organizers and placed everything in its new home . . . with room to spare :)
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Here is the start of a fun project . . . this home office has definitely been under The Simple Life, Organizing & Planning construction :) Still some work ahead (cord management, electronic filing, etc.), but I must say we have made quite a dent so far!
Thursday, January 2, 2014
1. Gather your receipts and bank statements from 2013 now to prepare for taxes in April.
2. Set up your 2014 filing system for all paperwork.
3. Pull out all of those Christmas cards that you received and update your contacts/address book.
4. Reevaluate your daily, weekly and monthly routines. Rework them to incorporate new habits, such as being more efficient, saving money or exercising.
5. Teach your children that now is the time to give . . . when new toys come in, donate old toys to someone in need.
6. As you pack up your Christmas decorations, throw out anything broken or worn out and donate anything that someone else could use.
7. Create a "home" for transitional items . . . items that are always on the go, such as library books, returns, donations, etc. This "home" should be located close to your door or garage so it is easy to remember when you leave.
As getting organized is one of the Top 5 New Year's Resolutions, January is the perfect time to get started. Make a commitment to get organized and get the help you need!
Friday, November 15, 2013
Today is America Recycles Day!
Simplify your space and take part in the RecycleIndy Challenge! The goal for Central Indiana is to collect 500,000 lbs of electronics for recycling . . . so get involved and take those old electronics to one of these participating businesses. The last day for this event is November 22!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
This is awesome! The Container Store is helping One Warm Coat by collecting coats, scarves, gloves and hats to donate within your local community. I'm sure you have at least one article of winter outerwear that you aren't wearing or the kids have outgrown . . . so donate now and help your local community this holiday season!!